Position: Secondary Teacher
- Social Studies
General Job Description: The Secondary Teacher will provide guidance and instructional experiences that are academically, developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive for students. The teacher is held accountable to the New Mexico Teacher Competencies and Domains. The teacher will also deliver State and District curriculum and provide equal educational opportunities for all students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Essential duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and Preparation
- Demonstrates knowledge of content
- Design of coherent instruction
- Setting Instructional Outcomes
- Demonstrating knowledge of resources
- Demonstrating knowledge of Students
- Designing of Student Assessment
- Creating an Environment for Learning
- Creating an environment of respect and rapport
- Organizing physical space within learning environment
- Establishing a culture for learning
- Managing classroom procedures
- Managing student behavior
- Teaching for Learning
- Communicating with students in a manner that is appropriate to their culture and level of development
- Using questioning and discussion techniques to support classroom discourse
- Engaging students in learning
- Assessment in instruction
- Demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness
- Communicating with families
- Participating in a professional community
- Reflecting on teaching
- Demonstrating professionalism
- Growing and developing professionally
- Follow board policies and administrative rules and regulations
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage time appropriately
- Maintain accurate and complete records of grades and attendance as required by the school district
- Report progress or lack thereof to parents in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in faculty, professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Complete duties (hall, bus, etc.) as assigned
- Leave adequate preparations for a substitute
- Take precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities
- Actively and appropriately participates and collaborates in school teams/committees
- Support district initiatives
- Demonstrate public relations skills
- Use and apply appropriate conflict resolution skills
- Use diagnostic data to improve instructional programs
- Be available to parents, students, administration and peers outside the school day
- Attend and sponsor extracurricular activities
- Report suspected child abuse and neglect
- Complete Safe Schools training as directed by the District.
- Be responsible for students on field trips
- Act as a good role model within the context of the school
- Supervise educational assistants, practicum students, student teachers, and high school vocational lab/volunteer students
- Follow district and school procedures
- Accept other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the principal
- Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree, valid New Mexico teaching license with endorsements as needed. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the job and access the environment for which you are hired. The following may be required: Sitting, standing, lifting, moving about the room or school, carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, kneeling, prolonged typing, physical ability to type on a keyboard terminal, and moving light furniture.
Equipment/Technology Handled: Must know how to properly operate or be willing to learn to operate all multimedia equipment including current technology.
Work Environment: Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work calendar established yearly by the distric
All applicants must upload copies of official transcripts or evaluations of foreign transcripts from any and all accredited colleges/universities attended by you for review in order to be considered for this position.
Three letters of reference written within the last twelve months (one must be from current supervisor)
Please email to email@example.com